Monday, September 5, 2011

A teacher’s desk


Teaching is certainly not the profession I had ever opted for, There are lots of things in life we choose for ourselves and A few are chosen by life itself for us. Ironically but It’s true that I am not be only person to say that I am in a job, I have never dreamt of.
Started it with neighbour’s kids as part time fun loving and knowledge-full job, When I had to really strive hard for making them learn something from me, when I have to really think for the questions I have ask to them or to give some satisfactory answer to their questions, It was indeed a real experience for me to make people understand my views and to make them understand themselves in a better way,
Have come a long way since then It has been 3 years that I am working as teacher in a public school, have to interact more then 200 students, influence them, help them to understand topics, advise them what should be or should not be done. Probably this is what I am supposed to do as a teacher. frankly speaking teaching is much more than that, with changing lifestyles around the world, Teachers have to adapt new measures for themselves as well as for their students, While think of it I always visualize the character of 'Mr D' from one of my favourite Hollywood movie ‘The School of Life’ which I recommend as A must watch movie for all.

I am not an ideal teacher that students visualize to have, I do not even know how I got into this, However this job has allowed me to groom, to understand them better, to be able to react and react well against the different scenarios that we commonly face. Every time I walk into a class room I wish I could leave some impression on my students, try all possible ways I know to make them get something out of me, I wish I could be  Mr D for my students, I wish when they think of me there should be a little smile on their face, their mind should be filled with some sweet and funny moments when they really enjoyed learning.