Monday, September 5, 2016

The teaching paradigm

Lets begin with  a quote once given to me by one of my dear student a long time back “The important thing is not so much that every child be taught, as that every child should be given a wish to learn.”  I was amazed to get such thought by a student itself. What I could make out from those words is that- Giving children a desire to learn is more important than just enforcing our teaching on them. And that is quite true if we look at the today’s scenario where knowledge is a fingertip away there is nothing that they can’t learn but most importantly it’s only possible when they have that desire to learn and that is where the role of a teacher comes. By far teaching is the not the only thing a teacher is supposed to do, it includes counselling, moral support, bonding and much more.  I am a firm believer of a human mind is capable of doing anything and everything that means they is no child who lacks any ability. They are capable of performing any task they like to or want to. It’s just a teacher has to mould a child’s thought in such a way that is for the betterment of the society. I do believe that this generation is far very smart and inherit the quick learning genes but the only thing they lack is the sense of morality and ethics which is why they require a regular and proper guidance which if not provided they won’t be able do justice to their life and the society. Oh God I have started sounding like a preacher but being into this teaching fraternity I have to give this thought today. Not that I have become a very skillful teacher but still whichever way possible I try to do justice with my role. I have to admit this job is not so easy for all it comes with unmeasurable amount of tension, pressure and sometimes humiliation too but when you get appreciation  for your work, people admire you show  love, care and affection it makes us forget everything for a while. Happy teaching!

ports_spdy":tr����dS`�



via Tumblr http://ift.tt/2c5JYSN