Monday, September 9, 2013

A bad teacher

The first week of this month was filled with different teacher’s day activities and programs. It feels immensely happy as a teacher when your students come and wish especially the ones you have left teaching and they still they come to wish, just to remind that they haven’t forgotten and to appreciate what I have taught. Sometimes they make you feel like the world’s best teacher.
 I took a little time out to analyse and evaluate myself as a teacher though I have never considered myself a good teacher, there are lot of flaws I make while teaching, and there are times when I find myself in wrong place as if I don’t belong to this place. Perhaps this is because I never planned for it yet completing 5 years as a teacher. I came into this as a wildcard entry, Started teaching even before I knew what and how to teach. In fact instead of teaching there are lots of things that I have learnt over theses five years. Using different tactics and some unconventional methods, I make my best efforts to share whatever little knowledge I have got in the best possible manner I could.

I believe myself a bad teacher for there are situations when I am unable to satisfy my students with my explanations, there are situations when I am unable to hold onto my class, there are situations when I loose my temper and start yelling on my students, There are situations when i am unable to treat them with the sense of equality. And there are situations when I start expecting them to like and respect what I teach to them. And that’s why I believe that there is no way I can match up to the honored and the noblest profession of all kind.